9.24.2012

Tool Box Cake



Oscar's birthday cake was pretty simple. Rectangle cake, red frosting, fondant accessories. I can't remember  exactly how I ended up with this shape.. perhaps two 9x13s stacked with the long sides trimmed off? I have no picture of the inside, so I can't even remember what flavor Oscar requested.  I built it right on top of my pastry board, but if you want to use wood and don't have any, you could probably cover a cake board or cookie sheet with some faux bois contact paper. The fondant tools were probably the most time consuming part (and trying to get the red frosting smooth-ugh) and they weren't even for eating, so someone could easily just put a set of toy tools around the cake instead. I was glad to have an easier cake after Alice's wonderland cake!


1 comment:

--r said...

simple and effective. sounds perfect to me!